Please note that this role is only open to candidates living or working in Australia.
We are a technology startup building automation and analytical tools primarily in the public safety and security (as in physical and national security) space.
At the heart of what we are building is Vardogyir – an analytics automation platform which allows our users to automate collecting data, analysing it, writing findings into reports and distributing those reports. We also have two more specialised and niche technologies: Ahvva, which brings big data analytics and machine learning to vehicle threat and vector analysis; and Tera, a terrorism risk assessment tool using real-time and historical data to measure exposure and vulnerability to terrorism. We have our own office in Redfern, about a 2 minute walk from Redfern station and 5 minutes from Central station.
About the Role
We are seeking a full-time Full Stack Software Engineer to help us build, test, and deploy our Vardogyir platform, as well as our Ahvva and Tera technologies.
You will be thrown in the deep end, making important decisions and playing a leading role in our technology and the direction of our company. This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting start-up with growing traction among large global companies.
We are offering a competitive salary + equity + flexible working arrangements.
What we are looking for
We hire based on demonstrated skills and attitude so actual evidence of your skills matters to us a lot more than your resume or CV. So we’d really like to see your github repository, websites, apps or anything else you’ve worked on (if possible).
We’d like to see solid evidence of:
- experience and skills in working with Java, Node JS, React (Redux/MobX), Mongo DB, MySQL, Docker and AWS (EC2, S3, Cloudfront, ECS, lambda)
- your ability to make sensible decisions regarding client-side architecture and design
- adhere to good practices in how you code
- that you are not phased which working outside of our comfort zone and learning new technologies
The following skills are not essential but highly regarded:
- BPMN engines e.g. Camunda
- Experience with CI/CD – Continuous integration and delivery
The typical (but not essential) profile for this role would be:
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science from a reputable University
- 3+ years of commercial experience as a software engineer (but if you have less don’t let this stop you from applying).
Send your github repo, portfolio of work, resume/CV etc to email@example.com